ALMOST SOLD OUT
A Taste of Italy 2
June 7th to June 22nd
A new adventure in south of Italy
Embark on a 15-day adventure exploring the stunning southern region of Italy. Beginning in Rome, we’ll make our way to the breathtaking Amalfi Coast – a UNESCO World Heritage Site renowned for its unparalleled beauty and natural landscapes. Following a blissful 5-day stay on this idyllic coastline, we’ll journey to the charming hilltop town of Taormina, nestled on the east coast of Sicily. Here, we’ll discover Mount Etna – a majestic active volcano with scenic trails leading to its summit. Taormina is also home to the ancient Greco-Roman theater, Teatro Antico di Taormina, still used for performances today. With sandy beaches and coves just a stone’s throw from the theater, Isola Bella – a small island and nature reserve – can be reached via a narrow stretch of sand. After 5 days of soaking up the sun in Taormina, we’ll head to Milan for a 2-night stay. Here, we’ll explore the fashion capital of Italy and the enchanting Como.
Why wait? This trip is exclusively for only seven couples.
- Day 1: Depart from the USA
- Day 2: Arrive in Rome (2 Nights)
- Day 3: A day in Rome
- Day 4: Train to Naples/Transfer to Amalfi Coast
- Day 5: Discovery Praiano and Amalfi
- Day 6: Relax day/Day trip to Pompeii (optional)
- Day 7: Day trip to Capri
- Day 8: Last day in Amalfi Coast
- Day 9: Leaving Amalfi C. to Taormina/5 nights in Sicily
- Day 10: Beach day
- Day 11: Discovery Taormina
- Day 12: Day trip to Catania and Cefalú
- Day 13: Free day for tours or relax
- Day 14: Leaving Sicily for Milan
- Day 15: Day trip to Como
- Day 16: Back to USA
$6,800 per couple (double occupancy)
Payments available (last payment before March 30, 2024)
$6,500 per couple (double occupancy)
If paid in total by Dec 31, 2023
Contact me for more info, and to sign up for this adventure: firstname.lastname@example.org
1: Friday, June 7: Leaving the U.S.
The airfare is not included in the package but I can find the perfect solution for you at the best price.
2: Saturday, June 8: Welcome to Rome
Arrived at the airport, a private van will take you to the hotel.
For these first two nights, we’ll stay at the Navona Palace Luxury Inn, a 4-star hotel with breakfast included.
A few minutes walk from the most important ancient Roman monuments, in a suggestive location with typical clubs and characteristic small restaurants where nightlife never ends. Navona Luxury Inn offers all comforts and relaxation in the heart of Rome.
Meals included: Breakfast
3: Sunday, June 9: A day in Rome
On your first day here, feel free to explore this gorgeous city as you please. Take a look at the available tour options. We will depart in the middle afternoon for Giove, where we will tour a winery and conclude the day with a fantastic dinner.
4: Monday, June 10: Welcome Amalfi Coast
Today, with the help of the fast train, we’ll go to Naples where 3 vans will take us to the Amalfi Coast.
The Amalfi Coast is a stretch of coastline on the southern coast of the Sorrentine Peninsula in the Province of Salerno in Southern Italy. The Amalfi coast is an area of great physical beauty and natural diversity. It has been intensively settled by human communities since the early Middle Ages. There are a number of towns such as Amalfi and Ravello with architectural and artistic works of great significance. Punta Campanella is one of the many watch-over marin areas existing in Italy. This area takes two provinces, Napoli and Salerno, and is a great tourist attractions. The Cathedral of Amalfi is an architectonical complex made of two communicating churches, a crypt, a stair, an atrium, a church tower, and a cloister called “Chiostro del Paradiso”.
For the next 5 days, we’ll stay at the Hotel Torre Saracena, a 4-star hotel located in Praiano, one of the most important towns on the Coast between Amalfi and Positano. (Hotel can change to another location)
Click here to see the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast included
6: Wednesday, June 12: Capri
Today we’ll head to Capri.
During the tour around the island by boat, you will see limestone caves, like the Marvellous Grotto, the White Grotto, and the Green Grotto. To enter the Blue Grotto you need to get on small rowing boats, as you get in, you will be enchanted by the blue color of the water. The color is given by the light of the sun that enters through a submarine window, located exactly under the entrance gate. (the entry fees for the blue grotto are Euro 14 and must be paid in cash at the time you’ll arrive there)
You will sail along Villa Curzio Malaparte and you will pass through the famous Arch of Love of the Faraglioni, a symbol of the island.
Many attractions will catch your attention, so don’t miss the opportunity to take a souvenir picture! The captain will assist you during the discovery of the island, providing you with all the information you need to know more about the beauties of Capri.
8: Friday, June 14: Free day
Another free day for yourself
5: Tuesday, June 11: Exploring the coast
Today we’ll go to visit Amalfi.
When you’ll arrive in Amalfi, take the first couple of hours to stroll around without worrying about the time. To fully appreciate the charming spirit of this beautiful place, it’s important to free yourself from the constant ticking of clocks. Start your day by enjoying a light breakfast of coffee and cappuccino, then take your time exploring wherever your heart and eyes lead you.
Take a moment to admire the stunning views and local stalls. The city feels different when it’s just waking up. Don’t worry about time constraints; if the two hours turn into three, it’s not a problem. After wandering around, head to Piazza del Duomo, the heart of the village. Here, you’ll find the Cathedral of Sant’Andrea, which dominates the square in both a literal and figurative sense. This beautiful church is a must-see for anyone visiting Amalfi, even if your stay is short.
7: Thursday, June 13: Free day
Take advantage of this free day to indulge in whatever activity you desire. Whether you prefer lounging under the sun or exploring nearby towns like Pompeii, the choice is entirely yours.
Something to do in your free day
You can comfortably take the train or bus from the hotel and arrive in Pompeii in less than 50 minutes for less than $10.
The ticket for the city of Pompeii is $25 (without audioguide)
Sorrento Farm and Food Experience including Olive Oil, Limoncello, Wine tasting
- Enjoy a complimentary meal with dessert
- Sample a variety of olive oils, cheeses, and more
- Relax in round-trip transportation from Sorrento
- Discover the practices of a traditional Italian farm
From $100 p.p.
Private Cooking School in Sorrento Center
Full-Day Private Amalfi Coast Tour by Vespa
Full-Day Private Amalfi Coast Tour by Vespa
9: Saturday, June 15: Leaving Amalfi Coast
Today marks our departure from the breathtaking Amalfi Coast as we set off to explore another splendid destination in Italy – Sicily. We will be traveling to the airport via three vans to catch our flight to Catania, and from there, we’ll make our way to our hotel in Taormina.
Our accommodation for the duration of our stay in Taormina will be at the Hotel Rivage, a luxurious 4-star hotel situated right by the beach. Here, you can unwind and revel in the enchanting warmth of the sea waters.
(Hotel can change depending on availability)
Click here to see the hotel
11: Monday, June 17: Palermo and Cefalú
Excursion to Palermo and Cefalù
Explore the Sicilian hinterland and Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of Sicily’s most important cities of art, Palermo and Cefalù. These UNESCO sites are famous for their Arab-Norman itineraries, and you can experience them in one excursion.
Palermo is the historical capital of Sicily and boasts impressive Arab-Norman, Byzantine, and Spanish monuments. Your coach with Tour Leader on board will take you to Palermo, where you’ll meet the Local Guide and start a walking tour. You’ll visit the Quattro Canti, the Martorana church, Piazza Bellini, Piazza Pretoria, the Cathedral, and the entire historical center. You’ll also get to see the typical local market, “Capo.” Alternatively, you can choose to have an individual and facultative visit to Monreale, famous for its mosaics. After lunch (extra), you’ll depart for Cefalù on the north coast. You’ll explore the historical center and see the Norman Cathedral with the famous mosaic of Christ Pantocrator. Please note that entrance fees to the sites are extra (free for EU citizens under 18 years with a valid ID). We recommend suitable attire when visiting sacred sites. This excursion is INCLUDED in the Pac.
13: Wednesday, June 19: Last day in Sicily
Today is your last day in this beautiful paradise. Take the time to relax and do whatever you please, as you have the entire day to yourself. Enjoy it to the fullest!
10: Sunday, June 16: Exploring Taormina
Taormina is a stunning town that boasts uninterrupted views of Mount Etna and the Ionian coast. It is famous for its well-preserved antique ruins and cosmopolitan vibe and remains a top tourist destination in Sicily. Every narrow medieval street and tiny passage exudes a romantic and mythical atmosphere, with baroque churches and Arabic palaces adding to the charm. The secluded gardens and terraces offer breathtaking panoramas, making it a perfect destination for those who enjoy both sightseeing and shopping for fashion.
Begin your visit from Porta Catania, a historic archway carved into s wall that once protected the ancient city of Taormina. Continue in Corso Umberto, the main pedestrian-only street in Taormina. Here you will find chic shops that rival any anywhere else. Casual to classy restaurants and cafes beckon you to enter for a respite.
Don’t miss the Cathedral of Taormina, this is the main Roman Catholic church and cathedral in Taormina. When you first see it, it looks more like a fortress than a church and is sometimes referred to as the “fortress cathedral”. It has a very long and interesting history and has been rebuilt several times in the past.
Each church in Taormina has its own corresponding piazza or square. The Piazza Duomo is situated next to the Cathedral of Taormina near Porta Catania and has a beautiful fountain in the Baroque style.
Continue your visit and explore everything you can……
12: Tuesday, June 18: Free day
Another free day to relax and enjoy Sicily.
Something to do in your free day
Private Tour "The Godfather" from Taormina visit of Savoca and Forza D'Agrò
Mount Etna Half-Day Tour - Small Groups
Half Day Sailing Tour Taormina Bay
Cooking class in Taormina With Chef Massimo
- Take a deep dive into Sicilian cuisine with a hands-on cooking class
- Shop for fresh, seasonal ingredients at the Taormina market
- Make traditional appetizers and first and second courses with a chef
- Sample the dishes you’ve prepared over lunch, paired with local wines
From $148 p.p.
Body Rafting Alcantara gorges with Traditional food and local wine
- Take a break from the city with body rafting down the Alcantara Gorges
- Helmet, wetsuit, shoes, and a life jacket provided for a safe descent
- Sample Sicilian specialties paired with local wine at lunch
- Hassle-free round-trip transportation and tickets to the Alcantara Park
From $200 p.p.
Etna Jeep Tour from Taormina
- Explore the Bove Valley and Mount Etna’s surroundings on a day trip
- Visit local villages, a lava cave, and more
- Enjoy complimentary round-trip hotel transportation from select cities
From $160 p.p.
Horseback Riding Tour in Sicilian Countryside + Tradional lunch
- Explore the Sicilian countryside on horseback with professional instruction
- Visit a family-run farmhouse producing wine, citrus fruits, olives, meat, and dairy products
- Private tour exclusive to your group with a traditional Sicilian lunch of local products
- Convenient round-trip transportation from locations in the Taormina area
14: Thursday, June 20: Leaving Taormina
We are almost at the end of our Italian adventure, with two days more to visit Milan and Como.
Get ready, we have to take a short flight from Catania to Milan where we’ll stay for two days.
16: Saturday, June 22: Time to go home
A private van we’ll take you to the airport
Bye-bye Italy, it was a pleasure.
15: Friday, June 21: Day trip to Como/Venice/Florence
Today, we’re heading to Como for a boat tour of the stunning Lake and a chance to see the VIP houses. If we’re lucky, we might even catch a glimpse of George.
After the lake tour, we’ll take the Funicolare to Brunate, a charming town over Como. We’ll have a delicious lunch with a picturesque view of the lake.
If you prefer, you can take the fast train from the hotel in Milan and visit Venice or Florence. Ask me for prices.
*Hotels subject to change in case are not available. Every changes will be with the same category.
What you can do on the last day in Milan
If you don’t want to go to Como
GO VISIT VENICE
To go visit Venice, you have to take the fast train that connects Milan to Venice in a couple of hours. Usually, the train ticket round way costs around $40/50 per person.
Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola ride
- Witness local life on a walking tour of Venice’s colorful neighborhoods and the Rialto markets
- Cruise along the Grand Canal on a romantic gondola ride
- Explore the magnificent Doge’s Palace on a guided tour
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a personalized experience
Venice: Grand Canal by Gondola with Commentary
- A gondola ride along Venice’s waterways
- Savor one of Venice’s most sought-after and romantic experiences
- Navigate secluded passages and beneath centuries-old bridges en route to the Grand Canal
- See some of the city’s top sights from a completely new vantage point
- An ideal way to explore Venice, whether you’re a couple, family, or solo traveler
Experience Venice Like A Local: Small Group Cicchetti & Wine Tour
- Visit the city’s best cicchetti bars, famous for their Venetian tapas-style dishes
- Savor small plates of local specialties like seafood with polenta
- Hop aboard a ferry gondola and glide across the Grand Canal
- Small-group or private tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures personalized attention
- This tour is carbon neutral, operated by the world’s largest travel B Corp accredited company
From $125 p.p.
GO VISIT FLORENCE
To go visit Florence, you have to take the fast train that connects Milan to Florence in an hour and a half. Usually, the train ticket round wa ay costs around $30/40 per person.
Uffizi Gallery Small Group Tour with Guide
- Visit one of Europe’s most important museums without waiting in the long line
- See Renaissance masterpieces by Michelangelo, Botticelli, Caravaggio, and many others
- Learn the history behind the art from a knowledgeable guide
- Headsets provided to hear the guide clearly if needed
- Stay in the museum after the tour to see additional art
From $70 p.p.
Skip the Line: Florence's Accademia Gallery Priority Entrance Ticket
- Avoid standing in the notoriously long lines at the popular musuem
- See Michaelangelo’s famous ‘David’ statue
- Admire Renaissance paintings, sculptures, tapestries, and more
- View the artwork according to your own pace and schedule
From $35 p.p.
Electric Cart Tour Florence
- Instead of walking to historic sights, you relax while being driven in a golf cart
- A guide points out the key attractions, including multiple picturesque piazzas
- Meet the small group at a central location in the city
- Choose from a morning or afternoon departure to best suit your schedule
From $55 p.p.
Skip the line Florence Tour: Accademia, Duomo Climb and Cathedral
- See two essential Florence landmarks in one morning or afternoon
- Visit the renowned Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s original ‘David’ statue up close
- Climb the Duomo and bell tower of the Florence Cathedral for panoramic views
- Avoid long waits at these popular attractions with skip-the-line access
From $110 p.p.
Stay in Milan and enjoy the city. Go get a drink in one of the million bars that offer happy hour, like the Martini Dolce & Gabbana to have a unique experience, visit the roof of the cathedral to have a heartbreaking view of the city.
- Tour of ‘The Last Supper and church
- See a masterpiece painting with an expert guide
- Visit a UNESCO-listed church
- Learn about local history
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Milan Super Saver, combining two best-selling tours at a discounted price
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the famous Duomo and learn about its construction
- Wander through the impressive cathedral in the company of a professional guide
- Venture up to the rooftop to enjoy wraparound views of Milan in the evening
- Hear intriguing anecdotes about the church and the city from a professional guide
From $80 p.p.
Martini Dolce & Gabbana
This trendy bar and restaurant combines two of the most traditional yet innovative Italian brands: Dolce & Gabbana and Martini. This is a unique place where you can have lunch, aperitivo or dinner inspired by Sicilian cuisine.
Located at the Dolce & Gabbana boutique in Corso Venezia, this intimate space is dominated by its refined design based on a “total black look”: light and glossy black surfaces are only broken by a red dragon rising from the floor. There is also a patio and indoor garden dining room where you can enjoy food and drink.
Their signature cocktails include imaginative creations like their Dolce & Gabbana Martini, a combination of vodka, orange, strawberries and Martini dry. Enjoy it with their delicious aperitivo.
- 2 nights 4-star hotel room in Rome
- 5 nights 3/4-star hotel room in Praiano/Sorrento
- 5 nights 4-star hotel room in Taormina
- 2 nights 4-star hotel Milan/Airport
- Transportation by Fast Train (Rome-Naples)
- Transportation by private van (Naples-Amalfi Coast)
- Flight ticket from Amalfi Coast to Sicily
- Flight ticket from Sicily to Milan
- Train ticket for a day trip to Como
- Boat ride on Como Lake
- Day Tour of Capri (in Amalfi Coast)
- Day Tour of Palermo and Cefalú (in Sicily)
- Funicular ticket from Como to Brunate (for special lunch with a view)
- Full-time services of a professional Italian Emanuele Dickinson guide and local experts
- Daily buffet breakfast at the Hotel
- Guaranteed tour price, locked at the moment you make your deposit
Fine print: You are responsible for the cost of your drinks/food and free time sightseeing.
Group sightseeing events are subject to change.
What’s Not Included
- Meals not specified in Itinerary
- Gratuities for private transfer drivers and hotel staff
- Hotel cities’ taxes
- Optional travel insurance
- Everything not mentioned under “What’s Included”
NB: My tours are physically active! On my 10/12 days tour in Italy, you’ll need to happily…
- Carry/roll your luggage over uneven pavement (possibly several blocks) and up stairways (in some cases) to reach your hotel.
- Travel from one city to another city by fast train.
- Be on your feet, walking and standing, indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions. Comfortable shoes are raccomanded.
After orientation and transportation lessons, you’ll be able to navigate cities on your own, keep the Hotel business card always with you, it will be easier to get back to the hotel if you feel lost.
Make your trip safe with travel insurance. You can personalize your package with Health Insurance, Baggage, Flight delays, or Cancellations. Ask me for a quote, basic or complete travel insurance by Travel Guard
Tour Conditions Agreement
Cancellations, refunds: Tour deposits are refundable up to 120 days prior to the tour’s departure date. Deposits made 91–150 days before a tour departs become non-refundable after 30 days. Deposits made 68-90 days before a tour departs become non-refundable on the final payment due date. If you book a tour less than 67 days before its departure date, the entire tour cost becomes non-refundable after 7 days. Once your deposit refund date has passed, your deposit will not be refunded under any circumstance.
Tour price guarantee: The price for the tour you’ve selected will be locked and guaranteed the moment we receive your deposit. (Note: Our tour prices do not include airfare and may change without notice.)
Itineraries are subject to change: Europe is full of surprises, and we need to be flexible enough to take advantage of whatever comes along (good or bad!) so that we may provide you with the best possible tour. Uncompleted portions of the tour itinerary are not caused for a refund.
Airfare: Airfare are usually NOT REFUNDABLE after the purchaise. In some cases Airline Companies can give you credit for another trip.
Ask me if you have any question
Emanuele Leoni Dickinson
Independent Travel Agent
in collaboration with
American Travel Bureau, Lancaster CA (USA)
California Business License #202354517100